Keep in mind that this list is far from comprehensive and may well be updated as more information is forthcoming!
Tuesday April 5
- The Kills “Blood Pressures” released in stores! Get your copy today.
- Beats Antique and Mount Kimbie at the Depot (400 W South Temple)8pm; $10/$15 Day of
Middle Eastern and Gypsy music meet electro-acoustic hip hop breakbeats when Beats Antique and Mount Kimbie perform live April 5th
Wednesday April 6
Thursday April 7
- Friday April 8 Lenka at In The Venue (219 S 600 W) Doors @6; $13 adv/$15 day of
Lenka‘s music evokes primal emotions, unblemished by pretense or cynicism and unashamed of cracking a smile occasionally.
Saturday April 9
- Cat Palmer exhibit “Revisited” at Jed’s Barbershop, 212 S 700 E. 8:30-10:30
Cat Palmer is a local photographer whose work focuses on the strength of women. To say her work is powerful is an understatement. Her work has been featured in a variety of local galleries including the Hive as well as the Utah Arts Festival.
- The Joy Formidable at Kilby Court (741 S Kilby Court) doors at 7pm; $12
With a sound that melds the huge expanses of their native Mold countryside to the hectic nature of their new domicile, The Joy Formidable create a music that is by turns sublime and gothic, punctuating passages of sheer beauty with shards of dissonance and anger, a new loud quiet dynamic for a new decade.
Have something you want to see on the Riot Not Quiet calendar event listing? send your tips to email@example.com or find When She Speaks I Hear the Revolution facebook page!